Check out this awesome awesome interview by Hollywood Reporter. Derek talks on his Emmy Awards and nominations. He talks on World Of Dance as well and the improvements he wants for the show (we didn’t like some of the results either). Thanks to Linz for the fun find.

This entry was posted in Current News, Dancing with the Stars, Other Videos, World of Dance and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Derek Hough Interviewed On World Of Dance, His Emmy Awards And Nominations, And More

1. KellyK says:

I love this man so so much! He is such a kind, genuine soul. Having that 30 min 1:1 time with him and Jules was one of the best moments of my life and well worth the money I paid for that Supreme VIP ticket.

I so hope he wins another Emmy. I DO miss him (and Mark) on DWTS. I know they won’t be back & the show just isn’t the same without them. And someone did ask him about SITR at the Q&A session at my show & he said it lost it’s funding. 🙁 I do think we’ll see Derek on Broadway though.

I wish WOD would be on more than just in the summer. But giving away a million bucks is a big deal.

Couldn’t agree more with all of you…one of his best interviews ever. The reporter knew just what to ask too. I love that.

WOW!! What a beautiful interview…one of the best ever!! 🙂 Love how in-depth and insightful it was, and I could feel Derek’s passion, heart, humility, and gratitude expressed throughout. All his Emmy noms and wins are so well-deserved as he is a creative genius who is always pushing the boundaries and going above and beyond anything ever done before, and the new changes for World of Dance S2 sound terrific. And what he said about entertaining being a form of service to others for various reasons and how he likes being recognized in public and meeting people because then he’s continuing to serve them in some way…these sentiments are just so moving and totally genuine. I can attest first-hand to how much it means to him to meet his fans and be told how much he has changed our lives…I’ve been blessed with the opportunity to do so on more than one occasion, and his expression of sincere gratitude has touched my heart every time. He is truly a very special person…beautiful both inside and out. Just love this entire interview…so informative and entertaining, with touches of humor, and his heart and light shine through. Looking forward to seeing the new creations…aka masterpieces!…he’s working on. Absolutely awesome interview! 🙂

Thanks, Vogue, for sharing this truly magnificent interview with us. And thanks also to Linz for the amazing find! 🙂

• KellyK says:

You are absolutely right Cathy. He’s always so humble and kind…just like that Tim McGraw song.

Getting that 30 minute 1:1 time with him and Jules during the backstage toast this year was just so awesome and totally worth the money I spent. I’d do it again in a heartbeat!

4. Meggie says:

How I love this kind, humble, talented man!
    No surprise what he said about Keone and Mari. I thought it was interesting how he chose his words carefully re Les Twins’ win.

• Voguerista says:

I thought that was interesting too. He’d didn’t mention Kyle Van Newkirk, but, I sure would like to know his thoughts on that elimination too vs Les Twins.

5. Norma says:

Great interview, I love his passion for dance and the dance community. Definitely my dear Derek you are the architect of all the amazing changes over the years thanks to your beautiful gifts

6. Kathy says:

I totally agree with a lot that he said Keone and Mari should have gotten by Les Twins Looking forward to what next season brings but Please keep fans out of the picture We do not want it to become a popularity contest as DWTS has become

• Debbie says:

I agree Kathy! Leave it to the professionals. I personally would not want audience involvement (voting).

7. Catherine L (@allisgood4ever) says:

I have seen quite a few interviews with Derek, but I have to say this one was one of the best & interesting, there is just one question I really wish people would stop asking “are you coming back to DWTS” & thank goodness he wasn’t asked about SITR!

8. Lucie says:

I knew he would say Keone and Mari was the hardest elimination, so true. Love all the changes he suggested for WOD 2 and I hope at least some of them become reality. Such a great interview, thanks for posting!

Comments are closed.