You’re doing so much. How do you keep up with yourself?!
“The more I do, the more energy I get. When I start to take breaks, that’s when I feel the most tired. When people think about fitness, a dance class or a hike, they can get a sense of fatigue or tiredness. But in reality the best way to get energy is to use your energy.”
What goes into planning ‘Move Beyond?’
“First and foremost, the music. It’s about: I want to dance to that. And we try to make it different. We’re not just grabbing off the radio and sticking songs in the show. We like to make it feel authentic and original.”
How do you decide the style of the shows?
“I love that it’s like a rock concert for dance. The lighting, the whole feeling, it feels like you’re at a concert, but it’s for dance. For me, it’s trying to make the audience feel really excite and move. That’s part of the reason why we called it ‘MOVE’ — not just because of the obvious, but what moves you emotionally? How can we take this audience on a journey, and have a great time and get them moving. “
- Current News
- World of Dance
- Dancing with the Stars
- Derek on Stage
- Other Media
- Twitter Roundup
- Guest Blog
- Ballas Hough Band
Top Posts & Pages
- Derek Hough: A Day in the Life - October 19-20, 217
- Derek Hough: A Day in the Life - October 21, 2017
- Derek Hough Battles Nicole Scherzinger on "Lip Sync Battle"
- Derek Hough To Be On Kelly & Ryan
- Derek Hough Co-Hosting the View - December 14, 2012 (Video)
- The Shibutanis' Go to Derek Hough for Latin Dancing Advice
- Derek Hough: A Day in the Life - October 19, 2017
- Derek's Early Years
- Season 6 - Derek Hough and Shannon Elizabeth
- Derek Hough to Appear on Justin Baldoni's "Man Enough"