You’re doing so much. How do you keep up with yourself?!
“The more I do, the more energy I get. When I start to take breaks, that’s when I feel the most tired. When people think about fitness, a dance class or a hike, they can get a sense of fatigue or tiredness. But in reality the best way to get energy is to use your energy.”
What goes into planning ‘Move Beyond?’
“First and foremost, the music. It’s about: I want to dance to that. And we try to make it different. We’re not just grabbing off the radio and sticking songs in the show. We like to make it feel authentic and original.”
How do you decide the style of the shows?
“I love that it’s like a rock concert for dance. The lighting, the whole feeling, it feels like you’re at a concert, but it’s for dance. For me, it’s trying to make the audience feel really excite and move. That’s part of the reason why we called it ‘MOVE’ — not just because of the obvious, but what moves you emotionally? How can we take this audience on a journey, and have a great time and get them moving. “
- Current News
- Dancing with the Stars
- Derek on Stage
- Other Media
- Twitter Roundup
- Guest Blog
- Ballas Hough Band
Top Posts & Pages
- Julianne Hough Teases On The Move Beyond Live Tour, Sia Part Two Dance With Derek Hough
- Derek Hough: A Couple Days in the Life - March 21 and 22, 2017
- Derek Hough Interviewed On "World Of Dance", DWTS, And Move Beyond With Jane Wilkins
- Derek Hough and the Scotsman Play Drums and Sing Opera - March 23, 2017
- Move Beyond Live Tour Performance With Julianne And Derek Hough On Dancing With The Stars on April 3rd
- "Just Getting Hype" Teasers Or Hints For The Move Beyond Live Tour And Performance For DWTS??
- New Interview with Derek Hough about All His Current Hot Topics!
- New Derek Hough Interview on How Allergies Can Affect His Performance
- Reunited and it Feels So Good!! Derek Hough and Kellie Pickler Photos
- Pap Video Of Derek Hough And More Photos In New York City