You’re doing so much. How do you keep up with yourself?!
“The more I do, the more energy I get. When I start to take breaks, that’s when I feel the most tired. When people think about fitness, a dance class or a hike, they can get a sense of fatigue or tiredness. But in reality the best way to get energy is to use your energy.”
What goes into planning ‘Move Beyond?’
“First and foremost, the music. It’s about: I want to dance to that. And we try to make it different. We’re not just grabbing off the radio and sticking songs in the show. We like to make it feel authentic and original.”
How do you decide the style of the shows?
“I love that it’s like a rock concert for dance. The lighting, the whole feeling, it feels like you’re at a concert, but it’s for dance. For me, it’s trying to make the audience feel really excite and move. That’s part of the reason why we called it ‘MOVE’ — not just because of the obvious, but what moves you emotionally? How can we take this audience on a journey, and have a great time and get them moving. “
- Current News
- Dancing with the Stars
- Derek on Stage
- Other Media
- Twitter Roundup
- Guest Blog
- Ballas Hough Band
Top Posts & Pages
- "Move Beyond" With Julianne And Derek Hough Called "One Of The Best Shows Ever" (More Rochester, NY Coverage)
- Derek and Julianne Hough Take MOVE Beyond to Rochester, NY (Videos and Photos)
- Post-MOVE Hijinks with Derek and Julianne Hough
- Miscellaneous MOVE Media with Derek and Julianne Hough - April 27, 2017
- 'Move Beyond' With Julianne And Derek Hough Called "Thrilling" In Albany, NY (Merchandise Pics, Videos, And More)
- Listen To The Songs From Derek Hough And Julianne Hough's "Move Beyond Live Tour"
- What's It Like To Go To a DWTS Taping?? Find Out in Jennifer's Fan Blog!
- MOVE Live On Tour - Beyond - Ticket Info and Cities to See Derek and Julianne Hough
- Derek's Early Years
- The 2017 Julianne And Derek Hough "Move Beyond Live Tour" Displays