Derek Hough Lands Acting Part on “Nashville”!!

YAY!! Love this show. Derek’s publicist tweeted it so you know it’s got to be true…From People.com

PEOPLE has learned that the Dancing with the Stars pro will join ABC’s Nashville this season for a multi-episode arc.

Hough will play Noah West, a 20-something movie star who will cross paths with the Nashville characters when he’s tapped for a leading role in the biopic of a famous country singer.

ABC says the role requires Hough to play a “beguiling and disarming” guy. Not so much of a stretch for the 29-year-old hoofer, eh?

ETA: E! News “Watch with Kristen” chimed in on this story – click the link to read the whole thing.

Derek Hough is officially ABC’s golden boy.

And don’t you dare forget it, honey. :-D

Noah is a “beguiling and disarming” 20-something movie star who has been tapped for a leading role in the biopic of a famous country singer. So how will he fit into the lives of our favorite country crooners?

Seeing as how Juliette (Hayden Panettiere) is heading to Hollywood in an attempt to headline that very same biopic, it sounds like she and Noah are fated to butt heads, as the it boy actor, who has already been cast as her onscreen hubby, isn’t going to be the biggest fan of Juliette’s. Now why on Earth would he feel that way?

This entry was posted in Current News, Other Articles, Other Media and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to Derek Hough Lands Acting Part on “Nashville”!!

1. Contessa C says:

Just posted this on Twitter:
    “The best part about finally getting a job…being able to start saving up to meet @derekhough in person! #MyRoleModel #inspiration”

OMG way way cool!!!

3. Abby says:

OMG Nashville is my favorite show on tv now and this is AWESOME! Ahhhh can’t wait!!!! If you guys haven’t seen the show, it’s a great show!:)

4. Kenya Smith says:

Eeeeeeeee!!!! So exciting!! Derek will be AWESOME in it!! I’ve never seen the show, but I’ll be watching then!! I heard that Kellie Pickler made a guest, singing appearance on the show in May.

WOW! Congratulations to Derek on this new TV role! And he has never said a word about it…I just love his humility. Looking forward to seeing Derek on both DWTS and now “Nashville” in the fall…and who knows what else??! He’s beyond amazing.

Thank you, Heidi, for this awesome news! :)

6. Thiana says:

Wow, this guy is busy. I was excited to see him back on DWTS. Now I can’t wait for Derek to be on “Nashville”. Next, the big screen again? “Make Your Move” was just a tease for me. I want to see more of Derek as an actor :)

7. Jennifer (livelyhood) says:

Im so excited for this. Cant wait. Woohoo Derek.

8. Falyn says:

Wow!!! How will he have time for all of these amazing things? And when was the last time he had a break, February? What an amazing guy our Derek is!!!

9. Geybie says:

OMG. I’m screaming right now. LOVE IT. Thank you, Heidi. Wow! :D

10. Catherine L (allisgood4ever) says:

For all that’s coming Derek’s way – for once I’m actually lost for words!