Derek Hough’s “Taking The Lead” Book Tour Schedule

Below is information on Derek’s “Taking The Lead: Lessons From A Life In Motion” Book Signing Tour. We’ve also added this information to our Pure Derek Hough Calendar for easy reference which you can find in the top or side bars or click this link. If you are in or travelling to any of these destinations on these dates, be sure to stop in, buy a book or two (they would make great gifts for any Derek Hough or Dancing With The Stars fan) and say “hi” to Derek. If you can’t attend, Derek’s book will be available in book stores everywhere and in online stores like Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

August 5, 2014 at 7:00pm: Bookends, East Ridgewood Avenue, Ridgewood, NJ

August 6, 2014 at 12:30 PM:
Barnes & Noble, 2245 Richmond Ave, Staten Island, NY
August 6, 2014 at 7:00pm: Barnes & Noble, 91 Old Country Rd, Carle Place, NY

August 7, 2014 at 7:00pm: RJ Julia Booksellers, 768 Boston Post Rd, Madison, CT

August 8, 2014 at 7:00pm: Mohegan Sun “The Shops”, 1 Mohegan Sun Blvd, Uncasville, CT

August 9, 2014 at 7:00pm: King’s English Bookshop, 1511 1500 E, Salt Lake City, UT

August 11, 2014 at 7:00pm: Barnes & Noble, 189 Grove Dr K30, Los Angeles, CA 90036

DerekHoughBookSigningTour

This entry was posted in Current News, Dancing with the Stars, Other Media and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Derek Hough’s “Taking The Lead” Book Tour Schedule

1. margaret says:

Im so excited seeing derek in person tomorrow. Got the book, got my wristband. Proud to say I was there first in line. Now for the signing
    Hopefully a picture with him and I will be a happy camper!yahoo!

• Mahli says:

How was your experience? I thought he’d be sitting at a table and we would have at least 30 seconds to exchange words, but they had us give an assistant our book, he initialed it, and we did get he opportunity for a photo just one. I wish I had someone with me who could take a good photo. Derek looked amazing and he smelled amazing. I got a couple of hugs out of it, though, and he waved hello to my little girl which was great. She waved back and blew him a kiss. So sweet. But it all went by in the blink of an eye. I’d never been at a book signing before, so I didn’t know what to expect

2. DW says:

What a treat!! I just finished reading Derek’s book on Kindle and it was fantastic!! What a fun read, and I loved the format and all the personal anecdotes, pictures, and celebrity accolades. At first I was a bit skeptical that a 29 year old guy, albeit such an insanely talented and accomplished one, could offer “life lessons”, but he really can and does. He has a maturity older than his years and a depth of insight that is pretty impressive for anyone at any age. He writes in a friendly, personal open, accessible style that invites the reader into his life: the Hough/Utah and Ballas/UK years, the competitions, Footloose in the West End; rock bands, and the DWTS experience. However, because he shared so much about other aspects of his life, the fact that there was absolutely no mention of any personal life whatsoever, even to insert a comment like: “because I’m a public figure, I need to keep my personal life private”, seemed like a missing piece. Yet, I thoroughly loved reading every single page of this wonderful book and hated for it to end! It is really terrific and I heartily recommend it!!

3. Mahli says:

Ok, I am starting to panic and I need some advice, input, ideas. I’ve turned this around and around in my head and I can’t figure it out.
    So Derek is having a book signing tomorrow night @7 pm about an hour away from where I live. Here is my dilemma.
    1. I just had a spinal fusion at the end of January and I can’t sit or stand for long periods of time.
    2. My mom has an endoscopy tomorrow and I am taking her. I won’t know until this afternoon what time she is scheduled for. I am the only person that can take her.
    3. And this is the big one…. I have a 10 year old daughter with special needs. Because my mom is having an endoscopy I can’t leave my daughter with my mom, and my twin sister isn’t home right now because she’s been in the hospital and now rehab facility for a month now so she can’t stay with Bianca. Apart from having a trach and a g-tube, the biggie is that she is severely developmentally delayed. She has a wheelchair, but I can’t lift it, so I would have to bring a stroller. She will sit in it for a little while, but she will want to put her Barbie in it and push it around, which means standing in a line with her would be a nightmare. For me and for those around me. Now don’t get me wrong, my daughter is beautiful and sweet and loving, but she doesn’t understand the concept of standing in line. When she gets frustrated, she will start to pull on her tracheostomy tube, her g-tube. She’ll pull on my shirt and overall she might start crying which is not good because then she’ll start coughing and for people who are not used to hearing a child with a trach cough, they’ll think she’s sick, etc.
    I want Derek to sign my book and I’d like the opportunity to give him a gift. For all these years he’s been on DWTS, he has been an inspiration to me. I, like all of you, feel his dancing touch my heart. His positivity is something that I admire and I am working on moving more and not being afraid of the pain in my back and neck. Because yes, I have 3 herniated discs in my neck, and 2 more in my back on top of where my spine was fused.
    I just don’t know what to do. I’ve never been to a book signing, and this would mean everything to me.i just don’t know how to go about being there and waiting with all that I have going on. I am desperately in need of ideas and suggestions. I am very respectful of others and would move quickly, despite the desire to hang out and talk to him, but I know it wouldn’t be fair. I just wish life could be a bit simpler for me. Everything gets complicated….. HELP!!!!

• Cathy says:

Mahli, if you call Barnes & Noble (516-741-9850), perhaps they may be able to send you a signed copy of Derek’s book. Please take care of yourselves.

• Mahli says:

It all worked out in the end. We went and they were very kind and understanding about my unique situation. However, I thought he’d be sitting at a table and we would have at least 30 seconds to exchange words, but they had us give an assistant our book, he initialed it, and we did get the opportunity for a photo, just one. I wish I had someone with me who could take a good photo. Derek looked amazing and he smelled amazing. I got a couple of hugs out of it, though, and he waved hello to my little girl which was great. She waved back and blew him a kiss. So sweet. But it all went by in the blink of an eye. I’d never been at a book signing before, so I didn’t know what to expect

4. Pauline Jeannette Collins says:

Seen Derek on his Move Live Tour in Nashville , Tennessee. Love every minute. Could you tell me if Derek is coming anywhere near Louisville , Kentucky my 80 year old mom whom I seen concert with is in love with Derek . Want to see him to get autograph book. Thanks,

5. Hottinger says:

Appreciated this, I really enjoyed this item and I am pleased to have stumbled upon it. It’s presented me, with some insightful and thought provoking perspectives to think about.

6. Scarlett says:

Just FYI, you can download a Sample of the book on ITunes right now. I read the first 16 pages last night. It will be a great read!!!

On to the next chapter in Derek’s life…his book-signing tour!! How exciting! I’m so looking forward to seeing him again next week! :)

Thank you, Vogue, for this outstanding post with the up-to-date schedule!