Derek Hough on Parade Rewind – the Extended Version

The video on this site is exactly the same as the one I posted several days ago, but the written interview part is a good bit longer. From Parade, an excerpt – be sure to click the link to read the whole thing.

What’s your next big goal?
“For me, one of my biggest fears is that the best is behind me. So I’m always looking forward — I want to keep growing and learning. That’s the main thing: growing. For me, even if I’m successful and doing well in something, even on the show…there was a point when I was doing the show and I was really down. People were like, ‘Aww, you’re doing so great! This happened, it was so wonderful.’ For me, I had reached this point where I wasn’t filling fulfilled and it was because I wasn’t growing. I wasn’t learning. I wasn’t challenging myself in a different area or things like that, so it’s never ending. I just want to learn every single day. You know, stand guard with my mind and feed it information, but also apply it. The knowledge isn’t the power, it’s the potential power, but I’ve got to do something with it. In the future, I have my eye on different projects, whether it be a little film project or directing something or music videos or Broadway…there are so many different things out there that just need a lot of commitment. The timing isn’t right yet. Next year, I’m working on something right now. I’m excited about it. It will be fun.”

What is your secret project for next year?
“One thing I miss immensely in my life right now is live performance. We do live performance on the show, but I mean more like going to a big city and performing for a couple thousand people. That’s what I miss. So we’re working on a tour, basically, for next year. It’s going to be fun. It’s already getting good vibes. We’re going to have a great team we’re working with. It’s going to be a really great show. I’m excited about it.”

Is this tour associated with Dancing With the Stars?
“It’s different. It’s separate from Dancing with the Stars, but it’s going to be a lot of dancing and a lot of music. It’s going to be very interactive. It’s going to be great. It’s going to be fun.”

This entry was posted in Current News, Dancing with the Stars, DWTS Articles, Other Articles, Other Media. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Derek Hough on Parade Rewind – the Extended Version

1. della says:

Derek, please put Charleston, SC on your tour. I would love to see Derek perform. If all he did was talk, I would enjoy that. What an entertainer! Now I have another thing to be thankful for on Thanksgiving!

Maybe this tour will start at Vegas? I remember reading here a few months back that he and Julienne was thinking of putting up a live show. This would be great. Hope he gives more tidbits about the shows/projects he’s working on. It would be great to see him perform live.

3. Susanna says:

I agree, Boston would be nice. Even NYC. That would be a dream come true.

4. Alexandra says:

So…I’ve got a part of my question answered in this article:) ” his biggest fear”.
    I have days when I wonder if Derek is real or is just my imagination:)))…he is too good to be true -he is perfect.
    I do hope that he understands how loved he is and that we will support all his projects ( even if doesn’t have a project…we’ll support him)

5. carolyn says:

This sounds amazing. I hope this tour comes close to Maine so I can go. Boston would be good.

6. Eniko says:

I think I need to plan my vacation to the USA when he goes that tour. :) That would be a great vacation, I guess. :)

7. Elmari says:

I think when a creative and successful person is never satisfied, they strive to be even more creative and successful. I don’t know if Derek is the type of person who just wants to do things that are bigger and better than what he has already done or if he just wants to just be get better every day… but either case, I think his fans are in for some amazing things from him in the future. I am thankful that he is never satisfied and always wants to get better for we get to enjoy the fruits of his labor.

8. Cecilia says:

Hope he will perform in Toronto.

9. nicole says:

I wonder which season of DWTS he was feeling so down?

10. Kaitlyn says:

oooo….I’m really like this talk of a tour. He better be coming to Boston!