Derek Hough – It Only Gets BETTER From Here!!

Those of you who have been on Twitter today know it’s pretty ugly out there, due to some poor, pathetic little creatures who appear to be fans of someone on an off network TV show.  People I neither know nor care about. Ignore the haters, and pity them. Clearly they are very insecure in many ways – I could list them, but I won’t bother. One only has to read what they say to get it.  Derek is a much better human than I am, a lot of the time, because it is hard to ignore such hateful things. But we should. Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and those loud mouths are a minority. That is always the way.  Remember also, there is a fine line between love and hate – so, do they really hate? Or….

Karma will get them, sooner or later, so we don’t have to. I hope to NEVER see any Derek fan stoop to the levels I saw today on twitter. We are much better people than those who behave that way, of that I am confident. Anyway, (enough pep talk) instead of focusing on all that, we need to remember a couple things.  For one thing, Derek is inhumanly talented and is on a MAJOR Network TV show that is watched by 13 million people…as opposed to 2.4. :-) Sorry. I slipped.  :-) What else? Well…

• He has a movie coming out in a few months.
  • He has TWO TV shows in pre-production.
  • He’s working with people like Kate Hudson.
  • He choreographed a routine for Charlie Davis and Meryl White for the upcoming Olympics
  • We’ve heard whispers about a live Vegas show with Julianne.
  • He’s working on an autobiography
  • He’s recognized as an award winning choreographer.
  • He is admired by some of the best in the biz, including Adam Shankman, Kenny Ortega, Nappytabs…the list goes on and on.
  • He’s an award winning dancer, a singer, plays 5 or so musical instruments and is an actor. With his choreography skills, that makes him a quintuple threat. A rare thing indeed. :-)
  • He’s the most gorgeous man *I* know of, bar none. And he’s only getting better with age. ;-)  Like a fine wine. Ummmm….wine…..

And that’s just a small sampling of the stuff we know about. I’m sure there’s more – like maybe an album, what with all the studio time he’s been putting in. You need a Derek Hough refresher course? Read all about his accomplishments – and remember I’m looking to you to help me update this section. There’s a lot there, but there’s a lot missing.  Email me. :-)

The proof is in the pudding. This is a choreography Emmy….wonder how long till he adds one as producer. And maybe has to clear space for a Tony or an Oscar? :-)  Dream big, Derek – you’ve got what it takes!!  And all of you, when you tire of reading hate, come here to talk and look at all the pretty pictures. :-D All the hate says much more about them than it does about Derek.

All photos are courtesy of WENN – see individual photo descriptions for more information/credits. Remember click to see the gallery and you can also click the “view full size” button on the lower right in the gallery. These are BIG. :-)

This entry was posted in Current News, Dancing with the Stars, DWTS Articles, Other Articles, Other Media, Other Pictures and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

41 Responses to Derek Hough – It Only Gets BETTER From Here!!

1. Dee(upclose22) says:

Let’s celebrate, forget the other stuff. It doesn’t matter. I miss the Derek love fests we use to have back in the day~~~ Remember Donamadrina & Stephanie? good times..

Thanks for this, Heidi and all the amazing work that you continue to do on this incredible site dedicated to the one and only #DerekHough…

2. Katie says:

I haven’t been able to look at Derek’s timeline since the whole hate messages started. It just got me all worked up over people I don’t even know. Poor Derek is always going to have his fair share of haters, but I’m sure he has a lot more fans than haters out there. If he wasn’t talented and so damn likeable, how else would he have been able to win over enough of America’s votes to get as far as he does in every season of DWTS no matter who his partner is? I wish these kids would find something better to do with their time rather than harass the poor guy. What purpose does it even serve?

3. Sharon says:

I can’t even imagine people (or children as has been said) spewing the hate they have on a social media site.

I feel bad for both but in particular Derek as he seems to always get the short end of the stick in relationships. We’ve heard him say that he is happiest in a relationship. I’m hoping he hasn’t read all this s**t directed at him and takes the high road – I have a feeling he will. He is an intelligent, humble, wonderful young man. We all just want the best for him in his career and in life in general.

He has brought so much joy into my life by just watching him dance and in particular when he received his Emmy.
    I hope his takes this “little bump” and creates a mountain with his career.

Thanks for what you have written, Heidi. Go conquer the world Derek!!!!

4. Kaitlyn says:

No matter what, I’m always proud to call myself a Derek Hough fan. I’m also happy to say that on days like today when there is lots of hate going around, I only see fellow Derek fans sending uplifting positive comments about how wonderful he is and how everyone just wishes to see him happy in the end. I think Derek would be proud to see the way his fans act.

I know that he’ll always be a huge inspiration in my life. No matter the day, he thinks positive and works hard at everything he does. I can’t wait to see what his future holds! Thanks, Heidi for sending a great reminder of all the great things he has going in his life :) Things are only going up from here!

5. catherine L says:

Or sorry Dee can you also add HUMBLE

6. catherine L says:

Dee – can you add singer to that long list please!

7. catherine L says:

Heidi and Vogue thank you from the bottom of my heart, for all the work you put into this site, I know I can speak for my fellow Brits when I say we really appreciate it, unfortunately, Britain does not know talent otherwise they would show DWTS (for Derek of course!. For some that are lucky enough to have a live link, this means us staying up until 3am to watch the show, but instead I have my beauty sleep and catch it on PDH over breakfast!!

Yes for the past few weeks, twitter has been a uncomfortable place, I really didn’t know or think some people could hate and yes hate is a very strong word, someone they don’t even know so much because of their “love” for someone who wouldn’t know them if they landed on said person. I also would love to think that us, Derek fans, wouldn’t scoope that low because we are educated and have a life!

I wish Derek well, the world is his oyster and I just want to him to go out there and grab it by the balls!! Love you Derek and once again THANK YOU HEIDI AND VOGUE XX

Oh and please keep in mind that every season you would fine a Derek & ? site but ONLY ONE PURE DEREK HOUGH SITE!

• HeidiHo1013 says:

Cath, are you mixing your metaphors or is this a Brit thing. ;-)

• Jann says:

LOL…true dat – to all of the ABOVE! Well said Heidi and Catherine.

I wonder if her metaphors aren’t all that mixed…perhaps she was speaking of the Rocky Mountain Oyester variety!?!?! *smile*

• Lisa says:

Yes, very well said. Twitter has been ugly as of late filled with hatred and bullying.
      Heck, even the best of us can say things we don’t mean sometimes.
      But always remember that love is stronger than hate, and so is forgiveness.

8. Dee(upclose22) says:

I’m so proud of Derek and still incredibly elated about his Emmy Win for “Outstanding Choreography”

Often imitated but never duplicated – He’s WINNING!!

Go Derek!!

9. Dee(upclose22) says:

Well, you know I love me some Derek Hough!! He is all the above and more. Derek’s inspirational, “a motivational speaker” an amazing artist and one of the best entertainers I have ever seen. That’s saying a lot because I speaking about performers like Prince, Luther, MJ and Savion Glover… He ranks like that for me.

Derek is a legend in the making… He has the skills and talents to last a lifetime in entertainment, music and tv and movie industry.

Other talents I know of:
    a. Amazing photographer – He photographs like he choreographs w/a vision
    b. Incredible artist – Hope he sales his art someday.
    c. Songwriter

10. KellyK(@RNCCRN9706) says:

I don’t even bother to read all the hate on Twitter directed at Derek. Those people (or children rather) have nothing better to do with their time. Derek, if you read this here, just know that there are FAR more people out there who love and admire your amazing talent. You have given the world such a gift with your brilliant creativity. Props for taking the high road in this situation as I cannot imagine it’s easy to read all the nastiness directed at you today!