Derek Hough Blogs about How He and Amber Riley Can’t Rehearse

Oh dear. This can’t be good. I do have confidence that Derek will get it all worked out, however. Get your voting fingers ready!! From TV Guide:

This week is not going that well so far. We are really, really behind! Amber’s knees have been acting up, so we haven’t been able to rehearse at all. She got them drained the other day, so we’re finally going to start rehearsals today and see how that goes. There wasn’t any injury or anything — more like pressure that’s been building up on them. She said they’re not really that stable, so I think the grind of the past few weeks has worn them down, especially with the high-energy, fast dances we’ve had the past two weeks. We did a little work Thursday for about an hour. We have the tango this week and it’s our first ballroom dance, so I wanted to work on the frame a little, but we haven’t done any choreography yet.

I don’t really have a routine in mind yet. I usually have an abstract idea, but I like to choreograph in the moment with my partner. I like to try different things and see what works the best and looks the best, so we’ll see how Amber’s feeling today and how it goes. Once we start today, I’ll have a better idea of what we can and need to do. These things happen and you just have to make the best of it. I’m not worried about the routine — I just want Amber to be OK. Health is the most important thing. Right now, our concern is to see if it’s just pain that will go away or if it’s pain that’s going to do more damage if we continue. If it’s just pain, we can push through it, but if it gets worse, then that’s a different story.

This entry was posted in Current News, Dancing with the Stars, DWTS Articles and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Derek Hough Blogs about How He and Amber Riley Can’t Rehearse

1. Elmari says:

Wow… this sounds serious! Amber we are all hoping & praying that you will be okay to dance on Monday.. and for the rest of the season. Derek will always put her health first, but I hope that she will pull through!

I am worried about Amber. I hope that her knee feels better soon. I know Derek is going to take good care of her. I’m trying to be positive about them because they haven’t said anything about a doctor telling Amber not to dance. Crossing my fingers that everything will turn out okay for this team.

3. Betty says:

They always have these great doctors around. Wonder if there is anything else they can do for her. Hope they are REALLY trying to help her. They are the only reason I am watching and voting, so should they go, there goes my Monday nights! Love you two and hope you will be well and able to go the distance. All good wishes and much love!

4. JT says:

Wow! I pray that Amber will be ok. If she and Derek have to leave; I will be extremely saddened by it–but her health is more important. I had stopped watching this show some time ago, but after hearing all the buzz about their partnership–I had to see what the excitement was all about. Amber & Derek make a great partnership, and this season will turn into a bore for me if they have to go. They are so fun & exciting to watch. I wish the both of the them the best. Take care Amber! :)

5. Ms. Bradley says:

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! PLEASE PULL THROUGH AMBER. PLEASE.

6. Ms. Bradley says:

NOOOOOOO!!!! They are my fave. Why is this happening?. Please pull through Amber.Please.

7. Ali says:

Oh no! I hope Amber will be Ok too. Her health is the most important thing. Sending good vibes to her.

Kelly, you took the words right out of my mouth. I hope Amber will be ok and they can push through.

9. Lisa Felten says:

I love Derek and Amber! I sure hope Amber can push through the knee issues. It would be tragic for them to go!

10. KellyK(@RNCCRN9706) says:

Oh geez!! I hope Amber will be ok!!