The Short Version
Call 1-800-868-3401 As soon as the show starts
Those with AT&T Phones can text “Vote” to 3401
Go to ABC.com and vote for Kellie and Derek (look for the big “Vote Now” banner)- and keep going with as many accounts as you can until 11 AM Eastern time on Tuesday
Don’t forget calling in via Skype and Voting Using Facebook
Detailed Instructions for beginners:
This is a voting tutorial that I created several years ago and have progressively added to as we learned more ways to vote…and more glitches in the systems. You can make as many accounts to vote with (online) as you have time and email address…and you can make more of those too. There isn’t much time left before we get started. So YOU get started making new accounts. Last season, it’s entirely possible that too many people assumed that Shawn had it in the bag. Mistake.
This first section I believe was created by Donamadrina and is so you can make new email accounts. Once you make a new email account you register it with abc.com, then click watch for the verification email. Then you’re good to go. Keep a list so you can use the same accounts every week.
How to Create a Gmail Account (Here’a video tutorial) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koJlF6YDqqA
Click on that link over to the right…or below, where ever it appears on your browser…to read more on voting – I’ve stuck this post to the top of the page so it will be here all season. If you get the urge, tweet it on Mondays before the show.
Birthdate: make up different birthdates, and keep a list of these fake accounts.
Passwords: use the same password for ALL of them.
Email Address: For current email address: Use any one you already have.
Register at ABC: http://abc.go.com/site/reg/signup
Vary the birthdate, and zip code. Use the same password for all; it makes it easier when voting.
How to access your new accounts in order to get the activation link from ABC. Go to Google again: https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en
Sign in. Once you do that, click on Gmail and you should have a welcome email from Google and your activation link from ABC
TaDa!!! Once you’ve done that, you’re ready for voting!!
1. Vote by Phone, number of votes per phone is usually equivalent to the number of dancers. So, on the first night, you get 12 votes per phone. PER PHONE, people. Your cell phone, your boyfriend’s cell phone, your home phone….you get the picture. You only have until 60 minutes until after the show ends to get your phone votes in – but you can start as soon as the show starts. Start early because it’s impossible once the show ends. Kellie and Derek’s phone number will be 1-800-868-3401. MOST of the time, the last two digits will be the same as their dance order on night 1. It will then stay the same all season long.
2. Vote On-line during and after the show….and till 11 eastern time the next morning. Now, you only get as many votes online as there are dancers… PER EMAIL address!! So, what do we do? We make more email addresses AND register/verify them with ABC.com. Google, Yahoo, Hotmail, whatever (see instructions above). Often, if you finish voting with all your email addresses, open a different web browser (safari, chrome, etc) and do it again. DWTS on abc.com
3. Text vote using ATT phones. Text “Vote” to 3401.
4. Call in using Skype! 1-800-868-3401
5. Vote using DWTS Facebook App –> Facebook App
If you have problems voting by phone – like they say you’ve already voted all your votes using that phone and you know it’s not true – KEEP TRYING because there is a glitch in the system that makes that message that says you’ve already voted play if the phone lines are overloaded. On-line issues? Close your browser and clear your cookies. If that doesn’t work, try a different browser, like Firefox or Google chrome or some such thing. Don’t give up!!
MOST OF ALL – never assume someone will be safe due to a high score or even if they happen to be near the top of the leader board. That is more true right at the beginning, but it’s not fool proof.
INTERNATIONAL FANS CAN VOTE TOO!!!!
Getting to the website is easy enough – once you find DWTS on abc.com, when voting is open there are VOTE NOW banners on the site. But here is a link where the couples should show up when voting is open – VOTE Derek and Kellie!!!
Voting is open on MONDAY’S in the U.S., from 8 pm EASTERN time until 11am EASTERN time Tuesday morning. Now, if you’re not sure what time it is in the U.S., check out The World Clock, look at U.S. New York – that is the Eastern Time Zone. That will give you the actual current time in NYC. If you’re a geek like me, then you might also like The Time Zone Converter and World Time Zone Map.
You can vote with as many different email addresses as you have. So if you have, say, 15 gmail accounts, you can vote the allotted number of times with one, sign out, sign in with a different one, and vote again. If you need a US Zip Code to register an email address on ABC.com —-> US Zip Codes (aka Post codes) Just click on the map.