Team Shawnough, DWTS All Stars Week 9 – The Music

I’m a little worried about Derek and his Knight Rider Bhangra, but I do think he’ll work it out in time for the show. I have faith. As for their Argentine Tango?? Should be interesting. This is the man who choreographed a Tango to the theme from Psycho and a 50’s Paso Doble – You can do this, Derek!! :-)

Shawn/Derek
MJ Dance: Argentine Tango to “Bad” by Michael Jackson Bad - The Essential Michael Jackson
Knight Rider Bhangra to “Beware of the Boys (Mundian to Bach Ke)” by Panjabi MC Beware of the Boys (Mundian to Bach Ke) - Beware
Voting #: 1-800-868-3402

Note: If you want to see these two make the finals, you have to create more email accounts and vote like you’ve never voted before. It’s an All Star season – it’s going to be tough. Don’t EVER assume that Shawn will be safe based on scores or what you believe her fanbase (and Derek’s) to be.  It’s just too tight and the scores will likely be very close together. You want her to win, you have to get on it NOW and vote like crazy.  Here is the voting tutorial one more time. :-)

ETA: IT’S TIME!!  From TV By the Numbers (by way of the ABC press release, I’m sure), it’s finally time for Derek and Allison’s pro dance on the results show:

Also, “DWTS” professional dancer Derek Hough will perform a number that he has created that will feature four talented female dancers — Allison Holker, Melanie Moore, Jessica Lee Keller and Katherine McCormick. And before the night’s end, two more couples will be eliminated.

This entry was posted in Current News, Dancing with the Stars, DWTS Articles, DWTS Pictures and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Team Shawnough, DWTS All Stars Week 9 – The Music

1. mimi f acworth says:

I agree with Cathy, I keep hearing that same things and it has me really worried too. The other thing is the Bhangra thing and KR. Many don’t even know what KR is (I wasn’t really familiar til I checked} and if the Bhangra thing leaves the casual audince goin’ HUUUH??? and Apolos or melissa’s is something cuter or more familiar alot of people vote based on music etc., too. Hard to believe for those of us who know all about the show, many people who vote think Shawn picks her own music and dances and would be thinking UGH!, why would she pick that, specially if it doesn’t mesh well. I wonder how many of those people there are??? Vote like you have never voted before !!

• Melissa says:

Knight rider is pretty well known in us popular culture, Bhangra is unknown but it seems similar to,Bollywood which is a crowd pleaser.

The problem, I agree, is people assuming Shawn will make it and do not vote. Instead you have Len saying how great Melissa is and that she needs to be in the finals. Emmitt and Apolo are popular so we got to be sure to vote and tell people to vote for Shawn and not assume she is safe.

• colleen says:

I agree Melissa, that people really need to vote and not assume they are in the finals. I think the bhangra will be fine. I bet lots of people have googled it and I have had alot of people ask me what it is(I teach dance). I’m not totally sure about the KR tie in but I think it can be tied in. I’ve thought of a few things and if anyone can do it it is derek. They all have to be careful. None of those other routines are easy when tying into a theme. I am really excited about the AT to Bad. I have listened to it again and I think this can be one kick !!!!! routine. Those two have soo much chemistry(both on and off floor), this could be a heart stopper. I am anticipating a bring the house down routine. We all have to VOTE like never before.

2. cathy says:

I so agree that we need to vote alot for them this next week. Every where I go online and even my own family are saying things like ” I know Shawn and Derek are safe for the final so this week I am going to vote for Melissa…or Apolo….or Kelly” or whoever else it is that they would like to see in the final also. I say, don’t assume they are safe and take your votes away just so we can have the 3 couples we want in the final. Vote this week like it is the final so we make sure they are actually in it. How sad if we should cause an upset by being convinced they are safe. They may not be. Shawn and Derek for the win!!

• colleen says:

cathy, I agree that at this point you don’t want to split votes. You want them in the finals so people do need to vote like it is. No one is safe. No one should assume they are. Everyone needs to vote like crazy for them. I could care less who else is in the final except that I want to see Shawn and Derek there. Vote for them.

3. Bethany says:

I am pretty sure this is the song they will be doing the Bhangra dance to. It has the Knight Rider theme in the background of the song.

4. colleen says:

I think Bad will be ok for the AT. I have listened to it a couple of times and can see the AT working(I’m a dance teacher), but the Knight rider Bhangra, I can imagine is giving him alot of stress. I think scores will be close and everyone has to vote for them as much as they can.

5. jasmine says:

Isn’t Bad too fast for an Argentine Tango?

6. Melissa says:

Seems like e knight rider part is giving him a hard time. I am sure he can do it. Of course he must also feel pressure knowing people have high expectations for him. I know he can do it!

I think if any pro can make these songs to work, it is Derek! Hope we hear good things about the dance is going this weekend.

7. renee says:

I love these two. I hope everyone votes like crazy with a double elimination this week. Derek seems to have been really stressed with his Knight Rider theme. We just have to get them to the finals. I think the judges scores will be close this week.

8. Lana says:

Just when I think they can’t get any more adorable, Shawn & Derek prove me wrong again! So adorbs. There’s another picture of Derek from Shawn’s twitter today that is too cute. On puredwts.com, Heidi asks whether it’s Derek’s version of planking (I laughed so hard at that). I will be voting my socks off for our favorite pair.

9. Tina says:

I have no doubt.

10. laila says:

Derek is definitely stressed by this Knight Rider Bhangra, Tom was right, what the producers were smoking, indian folk dance with Knight Rider, it just doesn’t make any sense.

I agree about the voting for sure, Melissa is getting overscore and people don’t seen to mind because she is the only non winner, because Tony never won. The scores, sympathy votes, the stuped haters votes that don’t want to see derek win again and the producers help, is so not going to be easy.