Team Shawnough on DWTS All Stars Week 8 – The Music

As everyone knows by now…probably….Derek and Shawn are dancing Viennese Waltz and a Samba Trio with Mark Ballas.  I know their Samba music, but the jury is still out on the Viennese Waltz music. We think we know what it is but we’re not entirely sure yet. We were playing a guessing game on twitter and someone got the Samba Trio song right a few minutes ago. :-)  Congrats, Jordan, you win the game. :-)  Check back later for the V. Waltz music.

Derek and Shawn Songs
Ballroom: Viennese Waltz: “Angel” by Sarah McLachlan Angel - Closer - The Best of Sarah McLachlan (Deluxe Version)
Samba Trio with Mark: “Jungle Jazz” by Les Tambours du Bronx Jungle jazz - Les tambours du Bronx: Live (Live)

This entry was posted in Current News, Dancing with the Stars, DWTS Articles and tagged , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Team Shawnough on DWTS All Stars Week 8 – The Music

1. Dee(upclose22) says:

Wow, I’ve never heard this song before but I can see Derek creating something amazing from it! I’m wondering what the costumes are like-LOL Shawn is definitely excited about hers and & I think Derek’s will be pretty sexy too!! This should be an amazing Trio dance..

I love Derek’s choreography for VW & I know he will create something beautiful for his return with Shawn! Gonna be emotional and sensual!! He just oozes sex appeal and he’s bringing out that side of Shawn as well!!-Excited for Monday night..

2. mea says:

For the VW…I still love the song “Somewhere My Love” from
    Dr. Zhivago.

3. Lana says:

Super excited about the music!!!!! Can’t wait for Monday to get here. Love that Shawn is even more amped after seeing her Samba costume; we know Derek had a hand in the design – the lovable control freak that he is :) Also psyched to see their Viennese Waltz. Derek’s VW’s are always lovely, flowy and memorable – lots of emotion. I’m happy that I haven’t heard any further talk of injuries this week. Let’s hope this means that both Shawn and Derek are feeling better. They are going to rock it!

4. Katie says:

Well for their quickstep, shawn wore flat shoes because of all the lifts and tricks. There didn’t seem to be a problem there.

5. renee says:

I really am glad Derek is doing something unique. I also invision barefoot but with Shawn’s height don’t think so. It will be great. He said their VW was the most beautiful song ever or something to that effect so I csn’t wait for it. His VW are my favorite thing he does. Always so romantic and beautiful.

6. Melissa says:

Love it! Derek would of course ask for it and he probably had an idea of what he would want to do. Cannot wait!

7. Sharon says:

Wow never would of expected this. So excited now to see what our phenom Derek comes up with
    It will be AH MA ZING. Love the imagine “crazy light, shirtless and barefoot Derek and Mark” image, laila aka Jordan_Greys.
    Hurry up Monday.

8. colleen says:

This is going to be awesome. This music and the samba fit so well. This is going to be so epic. I can’t even imagine what derek has come up with. Can’t wait to see what the v. waltz music is. he tweeted that it was greatest song. Maybe more than an epic night for this team.

9. Rachel says:

Wow. I would NEVER have guessed this would end up on DWTS since they tend to use fairly recognizable, popular music but I LOVE imagining what derek will do with this since he’s a genius and this is so different.

So excited for Monday now!

10. laila says:

SO EPIC, I can already imagine crazy light, shirtless and bare foot Derek and Mark, some great african arm movements, pimp spot for sure

Actually I’m Jordan_Greys, Laila is my dog’s name (lame, I know).