Derek Hough And Shannon Elizabeth End Relationship as Boyfriend and Girlfriend

Derek Hough and Shannon Elizabeth did some synchronized tweeting tonight. I’ll just let the tweets speak for themselves.
shannon-elizabeth-tweets-derek-hough
derek-hough-tweets-shannon-elizabeth

Here’s the text for both tweets from Derek and Shannon:
Hi everyone-we wanted you all to know directly from us that Derek & I have decided to end our relationship as boyfriend & girlfriend…
however, we love & care about each other very much & will remain friends & in each other’s lives.

This entry was posted in Current News and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Derek Hough And Shannon Elizabeth End Relationship as Boyfriend and Girlfriend

1. Lynn says:

I kinda saw this coming. But I’m sad. :( I hope Derek and Shannon remain good friends.

2. catrice says:

Hope they can work it out…but if not at least there is not bitterness. Maybe this is just at time for him to grow and experience all the things that are going on in his life…or maybe they were just better matched as friends. In any event, I hope that people respect their privacy.

3. Jordan says:

I love Derek and all. But in a way I saw this coming in a way. As much as people didn’t want it to I am kind of glad. Cause he is so busy and sometimes it isnt fair to Shannon. They will be good freinds you can tell that much. I dont know some pictures I saw it just seemed more friendshipy to me.

4. Elmari says:

Aww. . . I am praying for Derek and Shannon that they get through this difficult time. Break-ups are SOOOOOO hard and I know that these two loved each other very, very much. I also think that they will be able to be friends once they get over the break-up.

5. Curls4derek says:

I’m very bummed…loved them together but I really wish both of them the BEST because they are both such GREAT people!! I agree with you Heidi about being in different places in life.

• HeidiHo1013 says:

It’s just very, very hard when it’s the older woman/younger man scenario because of babies and, to a lesser extent, careers. Derek’s just getting going and he’s young, IMO, for babies and marriage – Shannon might be ready for that. We don’t really know, but it’s certainly understandable. This seems to be a no fault break up – and I find the way both of them are handling it and themselves to be very, very admirable. Two lovely people who will remain friends.

6. Hotaru says:

Now I’m just wondering where he’s gonna live now…

7. Hotaru says:

NO! I honestly DIDN’T see this coming! I loved them together!!! I can’t see him with anyone else! (Okay, I wouldn’t say no if by some miracle he asked me out in 3 years) But I’m so sad! When they first got together, I thought they’d be adorable! Then I checked Shannon’s wikipedia page and saw her age, which freaked me out a little, but then I saw how they were so strong then I got over it but again NO! Oh, well…I just hope they stay in each other’s lives FOR REAL and are happy that way…;_;

8. Tamdayc says:

I actually did see this coming. I think Derek is in hyperdrive with his career right now and Shannon as a woman of 36 could be thinking about Kids rest of life etc. Trust me, I am Shannon’s age and dated younger. It is difficult. I hope the best for both of them.

9. Krista says:

is it really true. they were the couple that i really love they were perfected for each other.

• HeidiHo1013 says:

They were definitely good together – and since they seem quite adamant about remaining friends, I figure it has more to do with being at different places in life. Maybe she wants kids and he’s not ready? Who knows? Best of luck to both of them though – Shannon seems like a great girl, and you know I love the D-man.

10. Phillipe says:

i really didnt see this comming ,they always look so happy